The Accessibility plans are written with each new intake and are updated termly with regards to individual children. To view one of our blank accessibility plans please see the SEND Policy on our policies page. Our completed accessibility plans are held by the SENCO on the premises.
- At Highfield our premises consists of one large play environment, adjoining children’s toilets, a reception/cloakroom area and a large enclosed garden. In addition we have a pond area and meadow. All areas of our setting are accessible to wheelchair users and those with mobility difficulties
- Furniture is arranged to accommodate children with mobility difficulties, and the height of tables, sand and water trays can be adjusted if necessary
- Our indoor-outdoor play environment features soft mats for children to sit on
- We have access to a fully equipped disabled toilet and shower room
- Access to information is shared on ‘a need to know basis’ with regards to safeguarding requirements. Parent partnership is valued and information is shared regularly. Parents/carers are signposted to facilities and services.
- Access to curriculum is provided through individual learning and the use of support aids, such as visual timetables when necessary.